To be a senior developer within the i2O Water Software development team, responsible for building, monitoring and maintaining robust and innovative software solutions in the field of intelligent water management systems. To contribute to the strategy of the team, meet the company’s goals and objectives, and improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally. Be a part of the professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
Reports to the Software Development Manager
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Proactively gain knowledge and develop skills in all areas and technologies of i2O Water software products.
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team.
- Write clean, well structured, and performant code that adheres to the team’s coding standards.
- Build reusable core code libraries which can be shared in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team.
- Deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free.
- Participate in peer code reviews and testing.
- Strive to automate software testing and deployment at every opportunity.
- Produce well written documentation for Specification documents and Release Notes.
- Provide sensible estimates for work items and consistently deliver against them.
Software Team contribution
- Help drive the strategic direction of the software development team taking into account emerging and legacy technologies.
- Help facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team.
- Contribute to technology selection and methodology decisions, including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base, development best practice, source control and deployment processes.
- Participate in the team’s agile software development process.
- Regularly contribute to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the team and i2O Water.
- Develop strong working relationships with other departments and customers.
- Be available ‘out of hours’ if required to complete specific tasks and support customers. This is not a usual and regular occurrence.
- Understand how own performance relates to team and Company objectives and act accordingly.
- Contribute to the culture of promoting new ideas, up-sell opportunities and costing down development and maintenance within the team and i2O Water.
- Actively mentor team members one to one and promote knowledge sharing within the team by presenting lunch and learn sessions.
- Assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution.
As a Senior Software developer you are highly proficient in either Web or NET development, and take an active interest in and undertake full-stack development at every opportunity.
- You have a BSc (or higher) in a computing or scientific/engineering discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- 4+ years commercial software development
- 3+ years TDD or BDD
- Knowledge and practice of Design Patterns & SOLID principles
- Web development core competencies (3 years):
- HTML5 + CSS3
- .NET development core competencies (3 years):
- .NET 4
- Distributed Enterprise Systems development
- RDBMS + NoSQL
Location – Office Headquarters, Southampton SO16
Hours – 37.5 hours per week